www.choosemyplate.gov/kids/. Kids will find games, videos, songs, activity sheets, recipes and tips to help them eat healthier and move more.
- On the games page, your child will find a variety of online games that teach about making healthy food choices. Smash Your Food, one of the games on this page, is also a free mobile app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod.
- The videos (some made by children) promote healthy eating and being physically active, like the Fruit and Veggie Hokey Pokey.
- Under the ‘Move More’ section, your child can find out how to train like an astronaut. You and your child can also find out what it takes to achieve the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
- You and your child can find recipes created and tested by kid chefs (recipes are listed under ‘Topics’ on left side of page).
- Parents can find new ways to help kids make healthier food and physical activity choices with a series of short tip sheets. Topics like ‘Be a Healthy Role Model for Children’ and ‘Be an Active Family’ are just two of the tip sheets available. Links to other websites that promote healthy eating are also here too.
So start exploring MyPlate Kids’ Place!
Contributor: Ellen Schuster, M.S., R.D., Associate State Specialist, University of Missouri Extension, firstname.lastname@example.org, 573-882-1933