Michelle Obama's new initiative targeting childhood obesity has some words of wisdom for us all. Let's Move! Often we think exercise has to consist of an activity done for an extended period of time. The best place to start is to just start moving more.
Look at places in your day where you could add in some physical activity.
- Plan more steps during your day. Make extra trips to the copy machine or down the hall to talk to your coworkers rather than sending an e-mail or calling.
- Move and talk. Walk around the office during those conference calls. Have a small hand weight near the phone to use while talking on the phone.
- Don’t drive around looking for the closest parking spot-park farther away and walk to the door.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. A good rule of thumb is walk up one flight and down two.
- Don’t just let the dog out-walk the dog.
- Walk around the field while your kids play soccer or other sports.
It may not seem like much, but all those little steps will add up. The important thing to remember is to move more throughout the day!